This drill is all about using combination play to penetrate behind a defence in different parts of the pitch. Look for clever movement and quick thinking. Creativity is key to goal scoring with good crossing, good shooting and good passing.
Try 14 Day Free Trial
This content is restricted to paying members only.
Signup now to our Semi Pro or Premier plans to gain access.
Already a member? Please login
- Good shooting, passing and receiving on the back foot
- Use feints and skills to create space and give time on the ball
- Finish on goal as soon as possible
- Movement is key to keeping the defender at bay
- Be ready for quick transition if the ball is lost
- Position the body sideways so reaction speed is faster
- Be on balls of feet so reaction also quicker
- Use defensive feints to trouble the attacker and cause mistakes
- When attacker is close eyes on ball not on player
- Don't jump in and make it easier for the attacker
- 20 Mins
- 15 Players
- 1 main 3 target Goals
- 6 Yellow 2 blue Bibs
- Half pitch y
What the Players Do
Set up using half a pitch with a goal and goalkeeper at one end and three target goals at the other end. Split the area into three 18 yard zones. Play starts in the bottom zone then the middle zone…